Friday, June 3, 2011

En Garde...

There's not much I like more than a challenge.

On one of the blogs I follow, The Daily Dietribe, the gauntlet has been thrown down to create an amazing birthday cake.  A roundup of the entries will be featured on her blog come June 28th, which also happens to be her birthday.  And beyond a challenge, I also love cooking and baking for others, so how could I not participate?

For those of you who also love to bake (or just like a challenge), why don't you join me in doing this?  Simply email your recipe and a picture of the cake to: iris@thedailydietribe.com.  The deadline is June 25th, which gives us plenty of time to make huge messes of our kitchens, turn our friends and loved ones into guinea pigs, and create a birthday cake recipe which merits a place in history. 

And, if not that, at least a place on someone's plate.  :)


Now for a sidenote and a preview:

There's a new poll on the sidebar about eating out.

"At how many restaurants do you feel safe eating gluten-free and/or dairy-free?"

At how many places can you trust the staff and kitchen to have the knowledge and care to not inadvertently serve you gluten and/or dairy while minimizing potential cross contamination?  I'm curious to know.

Also, I am excited (as always) about Recipe Monday.  I will be posting a recipe for garam-masala spiced granola.  Looking forward to sharing that with you - stay tuned.

In the meantime, have an amazing weekend.  Smile, laugh, and take of yourselves and each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting The Canary Files. I hope you have enjoyed what you have read and seen. Your feedback is valuable to me and I read and reply to every single comment. So sincere thanks in advance for sharing not only your thoughts, but your time as well.

All the Best,
Jonathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...